For more than 70 years, Northwest Federal Credit Union has provided valuable financial products and services to its members. Northwest offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including: medical and dental plans, paid vacation, a generous contribution of $ 401,000, student loan assistance, parental leave and the opportunity to grow professionally through a wide range of job-based, in-class and online training resources. . The Northwest Federal Credit Union was recognized for the second year in a row as one of the best places to work in 2021 by the Washington Post and we believe our success is built on the excellence and achievement of our people. Together, we serve and inspire to transform lives.
The Assistant Branch Manager (ABM) is responsible for delivering an exceptional member service experience and achieving all sales management goals. ATMs are important to the proper functioning of the branch by setting standards of service to members, welcoming members and facilitating a welcoming and member-centered environment. This role will provide direction and leadership by overseeing, training and ensuring quality control of all activities of the Branch Team Leader (BTL), MSRs and Loan Officers depending on the branch affected. . This role also oversees the day-to-day operations of the branch in coordination with the Branch Manager and BTL, and is responsible for all goals, profitability, internal controls, work processed and ensuring that all staff consistently exceed service standards. The ATM is responsible for managing the branch in the absence of the branch manager.
- Maintain supervision and leadership of branch staff and demonstrate strong personal effectiveness.
- Ensure that all staff consistently exceed quality customer service standards at all levels
- Provide business expertise and direction to members by maintaining up-to-date industry knowledge and being proactive in identifying industry trends
- Ability to act as an agent of change; suggest ways to support change, improve processes and support others in change
- Take personal responsibility for goals, attitude, behavior, participation and contributions
- Delegate day-to-day operations to BTL, MSRs and loan officers; provide leadership and advice when needed
- Working with the Branch Manager, observe staff daily and meet weekly to review skill gaps, set goals and develop plans to improve performance.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures for all products and services available through the credit union, NWCM and other business partners / suppliers
- Identify opportunities using the fundamental principles of The Member Advantage Program a needs-based approach to sell financial solutions to our members and achieve assigned sales goals
- Ability to lead staff meetings and lead or contribute on sales calls
- In coordination with the branch manager and the branch team leader, responsible for monitoring the branch’s cash flow
- Ensure audit controls are followed and maintain strict security measures using dual and internal controls. Track and monitor differences between cashier, safe, and TCR / TCD and report issues to manager
- Responsible for understanding and sharing with the branch scorecard team. Help the branch manager develop plans to address areas requiring improvement
- Responsible for the completion of the monthly branch review package
- Prepare performance reviews for MSR II and MSR III level positions and contribute to all other branch staff performance reviews.
- Attend and participate in networking, community and SEG events / activities as directed by the branch manager
- Act as assistant treasurer and perform the tasks of notary and signature guarantee
- Comprehensive operational functions such as transaction approval, cash control, branch security and internal controls
- Process loans (consumer and mortgages), open accounts as needed
- Remain aware of and adhere to NWFCU policies and procedures as well as banking secrecy law (BSA) regulations
In the absence of the branch manager, the assistant branch manager supervises the entire branch. Responsibilities include supervising branch staff and assisting with employee training; plan, assign and direct work; evaluate performance; reward and discipline employees; handle complaints and resolve problems.
- Champion as second in command of the branch in the absence of the branch manager
- Integrate, develop, coach and professionally assess the affected staff
- May participate in the selection / hiring process with the branch manager
- Ensure the supervision of operations; perform operational functions such as transaction approval, cash control, branch security, audits, internal controls, ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Open and close the agency under dual control and / or operate the agency in the absence of management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent years of experience
- At least three years of experience in a comparable financial institution or more than four years of experience in retail and sales
- One year supervisor experience is required, two years supervisor experience is preferred
- Experience in customer service and building relationship skills; proactive sales skills and the ability to meet service and sales goals
- Ability to exercise judgment, logic and initiative while maintaining member confidentiality and demonstrating integrity
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Northwest Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will screen all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic, national, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification information. by the law.
NWFCU complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodations are required to participate in the application or interview process, to perform essential duties and / or to receive other employment benefits and privileges, please contact the Human Resources department at 703-709 -8900 or HRDepartment @ nwfcu. org.