First Tech Credit Union was founded in 1952 and offers its members small personal loans, giving those with low to medium credit profiles access to better rates with minimal fees. Rates are competitive, starting at 6.70%, especially for those with lower credit scores, and First Tech allows co-signers.
Unless you live in Lane County, Oregon, you will need to meet one of these membership criteria: you are an employee of a company on the First Tech Partner List, you work for State of Oregon or you belong to the Financial Fitness Association or Museum of Computer History. However, since anyone can join these two affiliate member organizations, we have chosen First Tech as the best lender for minimum loan amounts.
Other important information:
- Maximum / minimum amount you can borrow: $ 500 to $ 50,000
- TAEG range: 6.70% to 18.00%
- Costs: No administration or origination fees or early repayment penalties; Late fees vary depending on the type of loan; $ 28 return fee
- Recommended minimum credit score: 580
- Other qualification requirements: First Tech Credit Union considers your complete creditworthiness
- Repayment Terms: 24, 36, 48, 60, 72 or 84 months
- Time to receive funds: From the day of loan approval and within 2-3 business days of approval
- Restrictions: Must be a member of the caisse to be eligible
Read the full review: Personal Loans First Tech Federal Credit Union