SANTA FE – Del Norte Credit Union (DNCU), the Southwestern financial cooperative charged with improving lives in New Mexico, announced a series of measures designed to provide financial assistance and relief to communities affected by the fires in New Mexico.
“For some DNCU members and employees, these fires have literally touched their homes,” said DNCU CEO/President Chuck Valenti. “When fires interrupt our lives in this way, we understand that financial assistance is an essential tool in relieving one of the many burdens borne by affected communities. Acting quickly to offer loan payment extensions, fee waivers and direct donations, we believe the DNCU’s response to this crisis is providing an effective combination of financial assistance for those affected by these fires.
DNCU programs include:
- Special emergency loans for those affected by the Hermits Peak, Calf Canyon or Cerro Pelado fires;
- Payment extensions on existing DNCU mortgages and other loans;
- Waiver of fees on new manufactured and modular construction loans;
- $3,000 in supplies, including employee donations, as well as contributions from the City of Española to Mora County needs;
- Donation of $3,000 to Food Depot’s fire relief effort and the inclusion of Food Depot donation barrels at all DNCU locations;
- Donation of $1,000 to New Mexico Desert Paws for assistance in the evacuation and relocation of animals; and
- 1,000 pounds of animal feed donated through NM Sol, IAFF Local 2059, IAFF Local 244, NMPFFA, IBEW 611 and AFSCME Council 18.
Those interested in applying for special emergency loans or manufactured/modular construction loans can do so online at dncu.com. Loan extension applicants, or those experiencing difficulty with online access, are encouraged to call 1.877.818.DNCU (3628).
The DNCU continues to monitor fire conditions and will make any necessary adjustments. In the event that Los Alamos and White Rock citizens are evacuated, these DNCU offices will temporarily close and staff will be relocated to the DNCU’s two Española offices at 1720 North Riverside Drive and 1216 Paseo de Oñate.
About Del Norte Credit Union
Established in 1954, Del Norte Credit Union is a New Mexico-based nonprofit credit union with a mission to improve lives. The DNCU offers a wide variety of products and services designed to enable members to achieve financial success. Today, the DNCU serves more than 57,000 members across New Mexico and the United States.